Use airfocus' flexible GitHub integration to prioritize your features and epics to build more effective roadmaps. Collaborate on your prioritization scoring to get the right stuff done. Our GitHub integration keeps high-level strategy in sync with day-to-day development. Push prioritized items into GitHub for development and track their development status right from within airfocus.
Benefits of the GitHub integration
- Import GitHub issues (as items) into airfocus.
- Push airfocus items into GitHub (as GitHub issues)
- Display status changes of GitHub issues (open/closed) in airfocus
- Keep your item fields synced between both systems including title, description, tag/label and status (open/closed).
- Choose a one-way integration over a two-way integration if you don't want to allow changes to GitHub issues from airfocus, but still want to see the progress of your GitHub issues from within airfocus
- It is currently not possible to map GitHub statuses to airfocus lanes. The status (open/closed) of imported & synced GitHub issues will be displayed on the Item view though.
- It is not yet possible to display your airfocus score on your GitHub issue.
Setting up your GitHub integration
To set up the GitHub integration, users must have the admin role in airfocus and the repository admin role in GitHub.
- Navigate to the airfocus workspace you would like to set up the GitHub integration with
- Go to the integration page, locate the GitHub integration and click "Connect"
- You'll be asked to authorize your GitHub account.
- Once authorized, you can configure your integration. Use the dropdown to select the repository associated with your GitHub account you would like to import issues from. Additionally, you can also filter your issues by label. Per default, all issues will be imported & synced.
- Optional: map your GitHub labels with airfocus labels to ensure seamless syncing of labels
- Optional: define whether a label of your choice should be attached to each GitHub item that gets imported & synced with airfocus
- Choose 1- or 2-way-integration & if unknown items should be archived
- Once you click on "Save and synchronize", you're done. Congratulations, you successfully set up your GitHub integration 🎉
Pushing airfocus items to GitHub
When your epic or feature is ready for development, you can push it into GitHub with three clicks.
- Click on the item you'd like to push in order to open the item dialog (item details)
- Click on the Push to integration button in the bottom right corner, and select GitHub (or choose from multiple GitHub repositories if you've set up more than one GitHub integrations)
All features or epics (airfocus items) pushed to GitHub become issues. Please note that created issues are by default not assigned to any GitHub project, and therefore won't appear directly on your GitHub board.
Have questions? Please get in touch via chat. We reply usually within minutes.
Not yet an airfocus user? Try airfocus for free. Use our powerful yet easy-to-use airfocus scoring system to prioritize & create more effective roadmaps. 🚀