Enhanced text formatting is now available for items description. Basic markdown is supported as well. Rich text formatting including a formatting toolbar / shortcuts will be available soon.
Markdown is the most common and fasted way to format text. It is supported by many tools we integrate with, e.g. Jira, Trello or GitHub.
- Biggest headlines h1: #
- Bigger headlines h2: ##
- Big headlines h3: ###
- Small headlines h4: ####
- Smaller headline h5: #####
- Smallest headlines h6: ######
- Bold: **boldword** or __boldword__
- Italic: *italicword* or _italicword_
- Strike-through: ~~strickenword~~
- Divider: ---
- Images: ![opt. ALT-tag] (Image URL)
- Bullet point list item: - or *
- Numbered list item: 1.
- Hyperlinks: [Click here] (https://airfocus.com/)
- Emojis: OS specific 😉
- Inline code:
- Code blocks:
See also: Markdown Cheatsheet
Note: To change the level of the numbered/bulleted list, insert 4 extra blank spaces before the markdown command.
Limitations / Unsupported:
- Inline HTML
- Inline Images
- Embedded videos
- Text colors
Syncing descriptions with Trello or Jira integrations
If you work with Trello, Jira, GitHub or Clubhouse integrations and have two-way sync enabled, not only the descriptions will be kept in sync, but also the format styling.
⚠️ Please note that our Jira integration comes with some technical limitations:
- Neither (inline) image nor attachment sync between Jira & airfocus is supported.
- We strongly recommend using a one-way sync for your Jira integration if you're using inline tables and colored text in Jira. These two format stylings won't be displayed properly in airfocus, and due to limitations in the Jira API, the syncing process from airfocus to Jira will lead to illegible inline tables & colored text in Jira.
Have questions? Please get in touch via chat. We reply usually within minutes.
Not yet an airfocus user? Try airfocus for free. Use our powerful yet easy-to-use airfocus scoring system to prioritize & create more effective roadmaps. 🚀