Create priority-based roadmaps, that ensure your stakeholders, team, and clients know what is going on – and when.
After you've made strategic roadmap decisions on the what and when on the prioritization matrix (chart view), you can choose between two roadmap visualizations (or use both):
- Kanban board: Find your items sorted by lane on the kanban board. This approach is often used to manage and monitor a project's status. Learn more in article 5.
- Timeline roadmap: A timeline is a time-oriented visualization of a roadmap that uses item dates to plot roadmap data along a timeline. Scroll down to learn more.
Timelines (or gantt charts) are the more traditional way of visualizing a roadmap, showing a time-oriented view of your strategic items. You can enrich a timeline with milestones to highlight goals, achievements, and other critical time markers.
Using the timeline view?
Timelines use item date ranges to pivot data along a timeline. You can either set up the time range by clicking "timeline" on the item overlay...
...or by using different drag'n drop actions on the timeline view. Use your mouse to move them horizontally or change the dates by extending/reducing the item.
You can also adjust the time scale or zoom (weeks, months, and quarters) for your timeline, choose the dense or waterfall arrangement, and turn your dependencies and milestones off. You find this in the display options.
To add a milestone to your timeline, simply click on the "add milestone" button.
On the timeline view, your items are sorted by group. Assign your items to a group, if you want them to appear in any of the group containers (otherwise they appear on the bottom).
Now that your roadmap is set in stone (at least for now), it's time to share it with your team, selected stakeholders, and maybe your public audience. Learn more about how to communicate and share your roadmaps in this article.
Also, check this video to get started fast with airfocus.
- What are dependencies and how to set them up?
- How to use the scoring board on the item view?
- How to use the prioritization matrix on the chart view?
- How to share your priorities and roadmap?
- What is a master workspace and how to set it up?
- How to use the kanban board?
Not yet an airfocus user? Try airfocus for free. Use our powerful yet easy-to-use airfocus scoring system to prioritize & create more effective roadmaps. 🚀