After you've made strategic roadmap decisions on the what and when on the prioritization matrix (chart view), you can choose between two roadmap visualizations (or use both):
- Kanban board: Find your items sorted by lane on the kanban board. This approach is often used to manage and monitor a project's status. Scroll down to learn more.
- Timeline roadmap: A timeline is a time-oriented visualization of a roadmap that uses item dates to plot roadmap data along a timeline. Learn more in article 6.
The board view is a theme-oriented visualization of your items that work best for "no dates" roadmaps or more agile roadmaps that can be pivoted on themes, sprints, or epics. The board allows you to share what you’re working on now, next, and later to keep everyone aligned and focused on what truly matters.
Using the kanban board
With kanban, work items are represented visually on a (kanban) board, allowing team members and stakeholders to see the state of every piece of work at any time. States are defined by lanes (columns) and can be used in different ways:
- By progress (e.g. backlog, scheduled, in progress, done, ...)
- By time (e.g. Q1, Q2, Q3, ... or future, next, now, ...)
You can use drag'n drop to move your projects between lanes to update their status.
Use the "Show unplanned items" toggle in the top bar to drag'n drop unplanned projects from the right container to one of the board lanes.
For time-based planning and roadmapping move to the timeline view, another effective way to create and share stunning roadmaps.
Also, check this video to get started fast with airfocus.
- How to use the scoring board on the item view?
- How to use the prioritization matrix on the chart view?
- How to use the timeline roadmap?
- How to share your priorities and roadmap?
- What is a master workspace and how to set it up?
Have questions? Please get in touch via chat. We reply usually within minutes.
Not yet an airfocus user? Try airfocus for free. Use our powerful yet easy-to-use airfocus scoring system to prioritize & create more effective roadmaps. 🚀